Update 1.1 Illuminate
Hey Moss Folks!
We're back again with the first major update since the full release of Moss Destruction. We had a blast in the last month. All the anticipation, the excitement, all the tension building up to the big day when we finally celebrated version 1.0. We received tons of feedback. We got the nicest words and friendly slappings on our backs. We also had our share of the cruel reality of being faced with the flaws and errors we made in the game so far. All in all we are truly happy about the initial reception of the game. We payed close attention to both the warm and the cold, learned what we could from them and are back at the drawing board once again with newborn effort to make Moss Destruction even better.
With the annoying crashing issue finally out of the way thanks to the hotfix last week, let's see what we have in
Update 1.1 Illuminate
We have the joy to announce that we've been contacted by SteelSeries and have implementated their GameSense lighting in Moss Destruction! With the in-game integration you can now enjoy trigger reactive illumination, tactile alerts, and OLED messages on your supported SteelSeries devices! You can find more info on the tech here:
- Performance improvement: you'll most likely feel the difference when playing, the game just got a whole lot smoother, with shorter loading times and a loading screen to spend the remaining short time enjoying precious gameart nevertheless.
- Mouse aiming got smoothed out: as we received some comments about clanky handling of the crosshair, we reevaluated the controls - aiming with the controller also got improved upon.
- Allowing for community wishes, the fog is now dissolving in a wider area around the player
- Also as asked for, pushing down the sticks of the controller won't result in displaying the default in-game controls layout anymore.
- Supply Drop will now also display the current health of the player prior to installing on the mech-tech screen.
- The icons of installed mech-techs won't block the lower left corner of the screen anymore, instead they got a new place on the loading screen before entering a level.
- Melee kills won't block loot drops anymore.
- The Force Screen will not block the way of the Mr Beam now, neither will it block the laser sight of the Sniper. Enemies on the other side of the screen will not act now as if the player simply vanished from before their eyes. Or sensors. And tentacles.
- Mr Beam cannot keep firing anymore if out of ammo.
- Hazardous puddles will properly damage the player upon first entry.
- The random drop of weapon crates got a fix, as it used to have the bad habit of dropping quite the same weapons in certain levels.
- The Bomb Bot just finished its 'Dealing Damage Deliberately' extensional course, as in the past it sometimes seemed to forget about its number one duty of having the player's life turn into the player's death. The co-op mode is still in the forge, but the next major update will first comply with another community wish. Namely the game being to hard for one single run. To answer the call, we are going to split the worlds up into 3 separate scenarios and once unlocked, will make them available for runs on their own. For those of you worried that this might spoil your insane level of difficulty, we are still planning to have the option of completing the game in a single run as it is now, but will call that option the 'Endless mode' in future versions. We greatly appreciate your help and support in developing Moss Destruction and as always, remember to keep sending your comments and suggestions in the dedicated Steam threads or send them to email@example.com or join the community in out Discord server here: http://shotgunwithglitters.com/discord Keep on being awesome! The SwG Team
Get Moss Destruction
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.